It’s often been said, “Build it and they will come”. Well, on the internet today, nothing could be more wrong.
You can create the best designed, most user friendly, cutting edge website in existence, but if no one can find it, it’s a complete waste of time.
One of the biggest sources of visitors for any business online is through search engines. Google is the big player, and a top 10 spot in the Google search rankings can make or break a business. The vast majority of users never venture beyond the first 3 or 4 search results, and it’s a rare user indeed who even clicks to the second page. So, climbing the rankings is key to success online.
Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO, is the process of making sure your website is ideally optimised for the key phrases that your customers are searching for. It also involves working to win votes for your website in the form of links. Generally, the more links, the higher you rank, but with the Google Penguin update, it’s vital to only get links from the right kind of sites. In today’s web, links from the wrong properties can kill your rankings.
SEO is a complicated business – the factors Google use to rank sites are many and complex. This course aims to introduce you to the main factors in helping your site to climb up the search rankings.
We’ll show you how to:
- Find the Keywords that Your Customers are Searching For
- Uncover hidden key phrases that you can rank for easily
- Optimise your content so that Google ranks you for those keywords
- Optimise your site structure to maximise your ranking chances
- Find the RIGHT kind of sites to gain links from
- Go out there and gain links from those sites
For any business to succeed online, they need at least a basic knowledge of SEO. This course will arm you with everything you need to know to get started, and is guaranteed to increase the effectiveness of your website.Sign up for SEO for Beginners
Image courtesy of KWL on Flickr
Latest posts by colinmcgray (Posts)
- A Chat About Social Media Marketing - March 27, 2014
- Grow Your Email List: The Best Ways to Create Easy, Effective Opt In Forms - March 11, 2014
- What is Design? Is it a Problem Solving Process, Needing Clear Definitions at the Start? - November 7, 2013
- Getting Your eCommerce Category Structure & Category Pages Right - August 3, 2013
- Time Tracking Tools for Both Online and Offline Work - July 30, 2013